Thursday, April 10, 2008

God Takes Care of His Own

God is with us to encourage us
Thursday, April 10. 2008
“....Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."—John 20:29 (ESV)

Jesus had told his disciples of his death and resurrection and had been transfigured before them. Then, after his resurrection, he began a series of appearances before them that would accustom them to expect hi to be wherever they were. God’s Word teaches us that he is the same yesterday, today , and forever. We know that the broadcast signal of our local radio station is all over our home, so much so that we know we can place a radio anywhere in the house and the signal will be picked up whenever the radio is properly tuned to the station. Likewise, Jesus’ appearances conditioned his disciples’ minds to feel his presence when they could not see him.

“Strong Son of God, immortal Love;
Whom we, that have not seen thy face,
By faith, and faith alone, embrace,
Believing where we cannot prove.”

Hymn: “Strong Son of God, Immortal Love.”

Prayer: O Christ, our Redeemer and Friend, may we feel thy presence so near to us that our greatest desire is to be found acceptable in thy sight. Take our lives, our minds, and our hearts and use them to thy honor and glory. In thy name, we pray. Amen.


This devotion is taken from April 1958, “Today-Think on These Things.” I thought it was so interesting when I found this booklet from so long ago (almost as old as me) that spoke to what I was thinking and feeling on this day.

A comment I made to readers on this blog was, “God will take care of His Own. Those who want to hear Truth as it is spoken to Power will go and listen, those who want to remain in their current state of denial will not. The rest of us who know the truth must continue to Pray, and to God be the Glory.” That comment continues to dance in my heart. and then I found the devotional above...Wow, look at God Work!

It is a fact from Scripture that God leads His own. Christ says that His sheep hear His voice, that He knows them, and that the sheep follow Him. Romans 8:14 confirms this, saying, "For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God." So let us not ever think that God is not in the business of leading His people.

One of the quickest ways to place ourselves in a position where we can't discern the leading of God or hear Him when He speaks to us is to hide sin in our hearts. If we regard iniquity in our hearts, the Lord says that He will not hear our prayers. I feel He is telling me not to be side-tracked by all the controversy I am hearing lately. Be of good cheer because He will lead His people where He wants them to go. My heart is soothed with this thought.
Peace Be Unto You All!

John 14:23-24 (New International Version)Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. He who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.